Once you will be certified as a Divemaster you will have 2 options, either you’ll start working as a Divemaster (dive guide) looking after certified divers, or keep on going with your pro-diving education and start making people discover the magical underwater world by becoming an Assistant Instructor and then an Open Water Instructor.
- Be at least 18 Y/O
- Have a valid RSTC Medical certificate
- Be certified an SSI Divemaster or Divecon (or equivalent)
- Have a valid ticket for 1st Aid, CPRE and O2 administration
- Be certified Nitrox diver
- 100 logged dives minimum for certification
- Own or rent a professional total set of diving equipment.
If you are only a divemaster from SSI or PADI, then you’ll have to start with the Assistant Instructor course, before you can start the ITC (Instructor Training Course). At French Kiss Divers, you can do the Assistant Instructor Course and ITC in a row, or do the 2 courses separately . It’s all depending on your objectives and your budget.
ITC (Instructor Training Course)
During this training, we will look at what has been learnt during the dive guide, the science of diving and the dive contraol specialist trainings. We will learn and practice all the skills and teaching technics for the Open Water, the Advanced Adventurer, the Nitrox and also the Stress and Rescue Course.
We will work a lot on the teaching and learning methods, using the new SSI digital materials at their best as a student but also as a teacher. WE will also talk a lot about marketing and communication, and all the different duties of an instructor, but also all the costs and incomes related to a dive center, so you can open you own dive school if you want to, but first of all you’ll be able to work as a model instructor, with great skills and a good understanding of the diving industry and business, so you can find a job easily.
If you are already Dive Control Specialist (Divecon or Assistant Instructor) the Instructor Training Course lasts 7 days, 12 days if you are only Divemaster.
Once the ITC is finished, you will have to pass a 2 days exams (IE) with one of one Instructor Certifier chosen by SSI.
After you pass the Instructor Evaluation, you’ll be officially an Open Water Instructor and you’ll be able to teach the following courses :
- Try Scuba Diving , 12m max.
- Open Water
- Advanced Adventurer
- Stress & Rescue
- Nitrox Specialty
- Perfect Buoyancy Specialty
- Dive Guide Specialty
IE (Instructor Evaluation)
- Welcome and orientation
- 100 questions final exam (Science of diving, Standard, SSI System)
- Open Water Academic presentation evaluation
- SSI System oral evaluation
- Confined Water : skill circuit evaluation
- Confined Water presentation ( teaching 2 skills of the open water confined water session)
- STRESS & RESCUE confined water skills evaluation
- STRESS & RESCUE Academic presentation evaluation
- Decision Making oral evaluation
- OPEN WATER Evaluation ( Teaching and supervising 2 skills of the open water program)
- STRESS & RESCUE open water skills evaluation.
- O2 Administration Evaluation